By Jeffrey M. Drazen (auth.), Zeliha Yazici, Giancarlo C. Folco, Jeffrey M. Drazen, Santosh Nigam, Takao Shimizu (eds.)
This quantity, the complaints of the twelfth foreign convention on Advances in Prostaglandin, Leukotriene and different Bioactive Lipid examine: simple technology and medical functions, held August 25-29, 2002, in Istanbul, Turkey, discusses advances in bioactive lipid examine with specified cognizance to melanoma, cardiovascular illnesses, gastrointestinal ailments and respiration ailments. particular themes lined contain the position of leukotrienes and lipoxins in irritation, the cytochrome P450 pathway, the genetics and genomics of bioactive lipids, lipid peroxidation, apoptosis, angiogenesis, isoprostanes, receptors and inhibitors, cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase pathways and inhibitors, prostaglandin synthases and receptor signaling, phospholipases and inhibitors.
Read Online or Download Advances in Prostaglandin, Leukotriene, and other Bioactive Lipid Research: Basic Science and Clinical Applications PDF
Similar science books
Les sciences de los angeles Mésopotamie, de l'Égypte et de los angeles Grèce présocratique forment un ensemble cohérent, où les connaissances mésopotamiennes et égyptiennes (acquises sans véritable méthode) ont été reprises dans un esprit tout différent par los angeles Grèce.
Steve Squyres is the face and voice of NASA's Mars Exploration Rover venture. Squyres dreamed up the project in 1987, observed it via from perception in 1995 to a profitable touchdown in 2004, and serves because the crucial scientist of its $400 million payload. He has received a unprecedented inside of examine what it took for rovers Spirit and chance to land at the pink planet in January 2004--and is familiar with firsthand their findings.
Polymer technological know-how has matured right into a absolutely approved department of fabrics technological know-how. which means it may be defined as a 'chain of information' (Manfred Gordon), the beads of the chain representing the entire themes that experience to be studied intensive if the connection among the constitution of the molecules synthesized and the end-use homes of the cloth they represent is to be understood.
- Water Governance Decentralization in Sub-Saharan Africa: Between Myth and Reality
- The Discovery of Weather: Stephen Saxby, the tumultuous birth of weather forecasting, and Saxby's Gale of 1869
- Advances in Geosciences Volume 9, Solid Earth, Ocean Science, Atmospheric Science
- The Science of Sustainable Development: Local Livelihoods and the Global Environment
- Buzzed: The Straight Facts About the Most Used and Abused Drugs from Alcohol to Ecstasy (Fully Revised and Updated 4th Edition)
Additional resources for Advances in Prostaglandin, Leukotriene, and other Bioactive Lipid Research: Basic Science and Clinical Applications
The identification of a distinct export step following the biosynthesis of leukotriene C4 by human eosinophils. J Biol Chern 264:12885-12889 Wheelan P, Murphy RC. Quantitation of 5-lipoxygenase products by electrospray mass spectrometry: effect of ethanol on zymosan-stimulated production of 5lipoxygenase products by human neutrophils. Anal Biochern 1997; 244:110-115. Chapter #8 FIRM ADHESION OF NEUTROPHILS TO CEREBRAL VASCULAR ENDOTHELIUM "IN VIVO": A ROLE FOR CYSLEUKOTRIENES Chiara Carnini, Gabriela Constantin, Barbara Rossi, Marco De Curtis and Giancarlo Folco Introduction Interactions between neutrophils (PMNL) and endothelial cells (EC) are involved in pathological alterations of cerebral blood vessel functions, leading to circulatory disturbances such as stroke .
23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 5 Drazen 1M, Yandava C, Dube L, Szczerback N, Hippensteel R, Pillari A et al. Pharmacogenetic association between ALOX5 promoter genotype and the response to anti-asthma treatment Nature Genetics 1999; 22:170-172. Asano K, Shiomi T, Hasegawa N, Nakamura H, Kudo H, Matsuzaki T et aI. Leukotriene C4 synthase gene A(-444)C polymorphism and clinical response to a CYS-LTl antagonist, in Japanese patients with moderate asthma. Pharmacogenetics 2002; 12:1-6. Bleecker ER, Welch MJ, Weinstein SF, Kalberg C, Johnson M, Edwards L et al.
13. 14. 15. 16. 17. Drazen JM, Austen KF. Effects of intravenous administration of slow-reacting substance of anaphylaxis, histamine, bradykinin , and prostaglandin F2alpha on pulmonary mechanics in the guinea pig. J Clin Invest 1974; 53: 1679-1685. Brocklehurst WE. The release of histamine and the formation of a slow-reacting substance (SRS-A) during anaphylactic shock. J Physiol (Lond) 1960; 151:416-435. Murphy RC, Hammarstrom S, Samuelsson B. Leukotriene C: a slow-reacting substance from murine mastocytoma cells.
Advances in Prostaglandin, Leukotriene, and other Bioactive Lipid Research: Basic Science and Clinical Applications by Jeffrey M. Drazen (auth.), Zeliha Yazici, Giancarlo C. Folco, Jeffrey M. Drazen, Santosh Nigam, Takao Shimizu (eds.)